Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Apple" Pie

This is my son Jadon holding up an "apple" pie that we made. It's actually zucchini instead of apples. My husband made a garden this last summer and treated sliced zucchini with sugar and lemon juice and cooked it with an apple pie filling recipe and then canned it. It's really yummy and you can't even tell that it's zucchini! I made the pie crust and let Jadon help roll it out. He really wanted to make sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles (a little more work than pie) so I let him use a cookie cutter to make shapes in the pie crust before we placed it on top. He loved it and was happy with pie instead of cookies :)

3 comments:

Lady Artisan said...

This photo looks like a professional photo for an ad. What a cutie he is!

KarleighJae said...

It's looks professional because my husband took it. His photography website is:

http://www.heywood-photography.com

I love having really good pictures of random moments in my family life :)

Lady Artisan said...

Well, that makes sense :D Seriously, though, print it in B/W and he could be straight from a 1950's ad ;)