Thursday, June 9, 2011

Coptic Stitch Class at Provo Art & Frame

The class is Tuesday from 6-8:30pm at the Studio above Provo Art & Frame. Please contact me if you plan on attending!


The Ethiopian coptic stitch dates back to the 4th century. It's a beautiful book with an exposed spine in which you can see the sewing of the pages. The coptic stitch book will open flat for maximum use of the pages. It works great for sketchbooks, photo albums and journals. It's also a nice book for recipes because you don't have to hold it open while cooking in the kitchen and it works great as a wedding guestbook too!






All levels of expertise welcome including beginners! Ages 10+ for this class.

Class fee is $25 which includes all the materials you'll need for the book you make and keep!

If you'd like to attend the class, please sign up by emailing me at KarleighJae@gmail.com

Please bring the following tools:

Pencil
Cutting mat (or old magazine to cut on)
x-acto type craft knife or utility knife
Scissors
Metal Edge Ruler
Bonefolder (available at Provo Art & Frame, ask or a student discount for taking my class!)

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I love Coptic stitch - it's so attractive and very strong too.
I hope the class is well-attended and goes very well too. (I would come if I lived nearby - I might learn a few new things!) Have a great day!